Endometriosis UK
38,049 members33,269 posts

Hormonal Changes to Hair??

I've had curly hair my whole life, but since taking progesterone a few months ago, my hair has literally gone stick straight. I read somewhere that hormones can mess with your hair but I didn't know it was to this extent! Has anyone else who's changed or started/stopped taking hormones found something similar? I've also found it's gone really thin and wiry, and while I'm in no position to stop taking Cerazette I like to think that this isn't an issue and would right itself if I stopped right?

4 Replies
oldestnewest

When I was on cerazette my hair became finer and I know other women have experienced this too - mine wasn’t noticeable but it was for others! As for hair changing shape (the follicle would need to alter and become round). Have you noticed skin changes too?

I have some sort if hormonal dermatitis and patches of my skin go itchy from time to time but this has made me realise that's probably been down to hormones too!

I felt that cerazette didn’t work for me mainly due to skin changes and the way I felt taking it. Hopefully the pros outweigh the cons for you :)

Still figuring that out haha x

You may also like...