I met with my consultant last week to discuss the cyst that was found behind my uterus. He admitted to making a mistake by failing to act on removing the cyst last year when it was originally found in an ultrasound. He believes that when he wrote to me, he was looking at a scan of mine from 2013 where everything was clear.
He wants the cyst, which is around 5cm, to be removed, however my local CCG is looking into either reducing IVF treatment from two cycles to one or stopping the funding altogether. Naturally I want the IVF to go ahead as soon as possible, as we've been waiting a very long time for this so I'm worried that any kind of surgery to remove the cyst is going to delay IVF treatment and in the meantime, the funding will be cut.
The consultant is going to write to the clinic to see if they will go ahead with the treatment, as the cyst is behind my uterus. I have a very bad feeling that they'll say they want it removed 😔
Any thoughts on this?