Endometriosis UK
34,087 members30,486 posts

Having trouble with endometriosis and drs

I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago, was meant to be a full hysterectomy, but the surgeon said that they couldn't remove my ovaries as was glued by endometriosis, for 5 years I have pain where my ovaries are constant bloating, had lots of ultra sounds and was told I have a blockage by my bladder and kidney. Still told there is nothing wrong with me.Every dr I see tell me once I had my hysterectomy my endometriosis went,but the surgeon who done my hysterectomy said I still have it.I feel like I'm going mad as I'm in pain all the time but every test comes up clear.How can I get someone to help with the endometriosis?

7 Replies

Get a referral to a BSGE clinic. A hysterectomy is not a cure for endometriosis; if not all the endometriosis is excised at the same time as the hysterectomy, you will still have pain and the endometriosis can still spread. So in all likelihood, the endometriosis is still there and has spread. A skilled surgeon at a BSGE clinic can remove all the endometriosis.

Search for a lady called Lindle here, she has great posts about the treatment paths for endometriosis.


Thank you for your reply, will my Dr know of this clinic?I am going through my change and I'm down all the time made worse by constant pain.I will look into this.

Thank you.


Most likely not, as I find GPs are woefully underinformed when it comes to endometriosis. Look at the bsge.org website to see which BSGE clinic is closest to you and ask your GP for a referral to that clinic. Under NHS Choices you can choose your consultant, so be firm, don't back down and have the GP write you a referral to the BSGE clinic.


Hi, are you in UK?

If so you can get a refferal to a bsge specialist centre from your gp,

I've had a hysterectomy with overies left in, for adenomyosis I also have endo, I've also still ben in pain since, I'm now awaiting another laparoscopy with a bsge specialist, as they believe endometreosis was left behind,

Good luck xx


Yes I'm in London, my ovaries where left because of the endometriosis, the surgeon tyred to remove them but was covered and glued.


There are a few bsge centres in London, get a refferal to one, look it up , xx


Thanks.Does anyone know if I can take hrt with this problem?


You may also like...