Endometriosis UK
35,381 members31,481 posts

Is it spotting or is it already my period?

Hi,

I've been on the pill without a doctor's appointment and I'm only 17, after my boyfriend and I had protected sex and after 2 weeks of taking the pill, I decided to stop. 2 days later I started bleeding. Is it the withdrawal bleed or is it already my period?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

It's probably a withdrawal bleed after stopping the pill.... If the sex was protected you've nothing to worry about...

I was on contraceptive pill for about 5 years and would always get withdrawal bleeds...

Thank you very much! :) I'm actually really worried that I might be yeah. But thank you!

You're welcome... Do you get periods regularly.. Usually your body will give you a withdrawal bleed rather than a period of you come off your pill quickly... It's kind of a gut reaction for your body.

Yes I do regularly get periods but they range from 30-35 days, the cycles I mean.

You really should see a doctor and take the pill properly if you decide to go back on it. Just taking it without prescription and for only 2 weeks at a time may not protect you from becoming pregnant. You were lucky that you took other precautions.

I was kind of scared to go to the doctor. And I bought the pills for emergency purposes. We did actually try it bare but we decided to continue with protection instead. It's not likely that I'll be pregnant right?

No it sounds like you were sensible but you must not use the pill without proper instruction in the future xxx

Thank you so much! <3 how many days would the withdrawal blee last though?

You may also like...