Endo question

I was diagnosed with stage 3 endo in my first lap about 4 weeks ago. The only reason I went for a lap was because I had been trying to get pregnant for 10 months and my doc said Pap smears aren't really supposed to be uncomfortable (didn't know that). I was wondering how do you know if the endo has come back? Like when will I have to have surgery again??

Also, did your period come on time after surgery? Was it painful? When did you start ovulating again? I had an endometrioma on one of my ovaries, so I hope I will still recover at a decent time.

3 Replies

• Hi, you have similar questions to me! I'm recently diagnosed only had first lap op two weeks ago but they didn't tell me which stage my endo was at but I know they did a lot of work on me. I'm going back to work tomorrow but I'm still getting pain now and again. If you're like me, you'll get a follow up app with clinic about 6 weeks after op so I'm going to ask lots of questions then x

• Yep! Same. I have an appointment 6 weeks post op for a pelvic exam. I can't wait to ask questions. I know I still have weird symptoms like cramping off and on and still haven't gotten my period. My calendar says I'll get it tomorrow. Not sure if that will happen though.

• I got my period yesterday. The cramps are more manageable than they were before surgery. However, it is the heaviest period I have ever gotten. I hope it doesn't last any longer than 5 days. I will need a blood transfusion lol!

You may also like...