Endometriosis UK
36,815 members32,531 posts

Why should I see a specialist in Endometriosis surgery? What's the big deal about them compared to a general Gynaecologist?

Another great informative article Libby Hopton has written with Dr Andrew Cook, it really helps explain why seeking specialized care is optimal if at all possible.

"What is a specialist and what's the big deal about having your endometriosis treated by someone specialized in this kind of surgery instead of by a regular Gynaecologist?"


Please also be aware that there can even be a big difference between consultants claiming to be an Endometriosis Specialist, so do make sure that you do your research on who you decide to see and choose the best one for your own case.

1 Reply



You may also like...