I've read so many posts from people who are clearly suffering with endo around periods and the pain it causes. I am actually ok on menstruation my worse pain which can knock me sideways is ovulation and the build up to my period. It's weird really because when I actually start my pain eases off a while.

I was only diagnosed on 5/12/14 after emergency surgery for appendix which turned out to be an endometrial cyst. I was sent on my way and to sit and wait for a gynae appointment. In the meantime I had to go and see GP because I was still in a lot of pain, he didn't know anything about my admission and was shocked to see my scars. Anyway, he referred me for a scan as he could see I was in discomfort and he wanted to know what was going on. The scan found a cyst attached to right ovary and my bowel which links to the horrible pain I have on the right and in my bum. Now it's just a waiting game.

is everyone's pain different?

2 Replies

• I'm the same as you, I used to get pain the week before my period & would suffer with lower back pain and pain in my coccyx a lot. It has eased since I had my laparoscopy on 11/12/14, although I do get other twinges I never had before but its easier to deal with. I think it depends on what stage your Endo is at, if it's fused organs together ect as to what your pain might be? I still haven't been told what stage I'm at, or had my biopsy results. I hope you have more luck after your op. Try find out as much as you can from the surgeon after the op.

• snap pain always gets worse mid cycle and Im relived when my period starts. Lower back awful. Had my right ovary and tube removed sept 13 and endo/adhesions on my bowel uterus removed and untangled. It helped for about a year but now its back. Make sure you keep asking lots of questions so you know whats going on. good luck.

You may also like...