Hydroscopy

Morning ladies,

I'm wondering if any of you have had a hydroscopy without having a general anaesthetic?

I saw my consultant on Tuesday and she has recommended that I have another to check that nothing "sinister" is going on as I have been heavy bleeding now for 17 days!!

I have had a hydroscopy before, but it was while I was having my laparoscopy so was under a general.

My consultant told me that I can wait to have it done under a general but the waiting list is very long, however, if I have it done whilst staying awake the waiting list is shorter!

I just wondered if anyone else has had the procedure done whilst staying awake and if so what it was like (pain wise)!

I hope you're all having a pain free day!!

Kelly xx

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hiya I had one two weeks ago. Pain wise is hard to judge, a smear normally kills me so this was really uncomfortable , but my friend went for hers a few days later and felt no pain whatsoever so I suppose it all boils down to each individual.

The procedure is over really quick I was really surprise. I bled quite a lot afterwards, but my friend didn't so each person is different, just be prepared. It's dead quick tho urll be fine. X

• Thank you for your reply.

I hope you are well today!

Kelly xx

You may also like...