About insulin: I want to know the difference... - Diabetes India

Diabetes India
60,601 members11,515 posts

About insulin

Kumarcwc
Kumarcwc
7 Replies

I want to know the difference between HM Actrapid 30/70 and Actrapid 100 MI/ul Insulin. Are both same? What are the brand names of HM Actrapid 30/70 insulin in India.

7 Replies
oldestnewest
gangadharan_nair

They are completely different types of insulin. Actrapid is a short acting insulin whereas Mixtard as the name suggests is a combination of 2 insulins ( actrapid+ intermediate acting insulin). Hence they can not be used as a substitute to each other.

Kumarcwc

Thanks for the information

sandybrown

Hello,

TAKE A LOOK AT FREELEARN COURSE ON INUSLIN.

It is in week three, the course will answer your question!

Google freelearn, where you get there look for insulin course. This is given by Southampton University, UK, this is an interdiction to a degree course.

1 like
Kumarcwc
Kumarcwc
in reply to sandybrown

Thanks for the information

Fatbuddy

Hello- are you in India ? who prescribed you insulin? are you taking it ?

Are you diabetic -? Type 2 or 1 ?

The difference is clear -a s per our friend - Mr Gangadharan --here

Short acting is usually taken before meal.. and long acting is taken once a day.

Kumarcwc
Kumarcwc
in reply to Fatbuddy

Hello, my wife has been diagnosed as diabetic and was hospitalized for management. The doctor of the hospital had prescribed Human Actrapid 30/70 while the pharmacists here informed that Human Actrapid 30/70 and Actrapid HM 100 IU/ml are same. This is confusing. Thanks for the feedback

Fatbuddy

If in USA-- pharmacist can be sued -- for wrong info. As per above- by Ganagdharan.. and by its name itself, the 30/70 is a mix of short acting and long acting. You should ask doctor -- which one to take and how often and when.

If she was hospitalized .. with real high BS ... that means she has been ignoring for long time.

There is lots of info in this forum- food, carb counting, LCHF and mild to moderate exercise, along with loosing little weight can help.

If you have the insulin at home, the packaging box should have phone number or name of manufacturer and you can call them directly to clarify.

Make sure that she takes some quick actions to control sugar and over time get rid of insulin.

You may also like...