Drug companies rule the world

Do you know this:

The COMBINED PROFITS for the TEN most profitable drug companies in the Fortune 500 ($35.9 billion) are GREATER than the profits for all the other 490 companies put together ($33.7 billion) including the Microsoft.! (By the way, the ‘Fortune 500’ is a ranking of the top most profitable American corporations). Drug companies rule this world. They make medicines; manage approvals by all unfair means; influence media; misinform and even bribe the medical practitioners to push the sales of medicines to make profit. For them you are a customer not patient.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Is it of any relevance in context of diabetes?

• Yes. Very much

• I detected NO sarcasm ( - & hope I didn't miss it, for being insufficiently sensitive to it !) ;)

Who was "the greatest philosopher scientist of the 20th century" ( - . . . . . in your opinion ?). I do not recognise that quote, . . . . . but would like to know it author !

;)

• I could not make much out of that reply in question either. Perhaps other than the author asserting that once FDA clears or WHO clears, all is well with the drugs being pushed down our throats. Sorry sir, I disagree. Drug companies do indulge in corrupt practices to sell drugs. Many a times drugs are withdrawn/banned after killing thousands, but after the companies have made enough profit. Nobody punishes them for pushing the killer drugs any way. Not to say that all drugs are bad. But it is better to be aware of the malpractices and to exercise discretion while using them.

• Vioxx killed more than people died in Vietnam war. All trials were manipulated.

drugwatch.com/vioxx/lawsuit/

No one knows how many did diabetes drug Avandia killed, but GSK pleaded guilty. Takeda in midst of a battle against it for Actos?

So, rightly said, just because WHO, FDA passes something doesn't mean that we start using/trusting them blindly as industry trojans are not uncommon to find in all relevant bodies. Even Avandia and Vioxx passed through FDA.

• Ahhh, yes - Bertrand Russel, he of the "Is this a lie ?" fame.

Shall bear Whitehead in mind . . . . . . and may bump into his influences on the world, in due course . . . . . perhaps !

Thanks, Indiacratus . . . . . . . 'so serious' ? Moi ? ? ?

I shall aim to loose up, . . . . . even MORE ! ;)

;)

• No wonder you are among those who dropped your A1C from 13+ top 5.x without drugs and are drug free even after three plus years. Drug companies have infested every so called world bodies and almost every medical establishment including universities.

Since you are one among those who never took drugs, and managed entirely on LCHF diet some guys will poke and provoke. Ignore them. They have nothing better in life to do, than just provoke and waste time.

Here' something to supplement your write up.

healthunlocked.com/diabetes...

Ex chief editor of NEJM is not some rabble rouser. Speaks with data and data is something that some people don't care for here :)

• I agree 100%.

• If there is God at all, let HIM punish them.

You may also like...