Diabetes & Sleeplessness!

1.Is there any relation between diabetes and sleeplessness?

2.What are remedies for a diabetic person to have a good sleep?

Please answer!

Skip

Featured Content

Living with diabetes?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

22 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am not doctor but observing lot of people and patient. So not sure if there is relation with diabetes and sleeplessness. May be because of uneasiness faced with variation is sugar level sleep is disturbed. I have found a very simple way and practising for last couple of months which helped me to overcome disturbed sleep patter.

Out of total exercise of the day I have shifted 20 to 40 % exercise during evening. And it worked .

This is before food.

Hope this would help you.

• Thanks a lot for your reply!

• The post from cst22 is worth trying. I have observed that advancing age reduces sleep. No idea of being diabetic causes reduction of sleep. Of course a disturbed mind can cause reduction in sleeping hours. A sound mind is a must for sound sleep.

• Thank you very much for your reply!

• It's a good suggestion. Thanks. I would try it.

• Sleeplessness may be due stress related diabetes or diabetes due to disorder of GIT tract in your case. Pls clear the cause so that all is well.

• Thanks a lot for your reply!

In general,I go to bed at 11:00 pm.But I feel sleepy after 1 to 1.5 hrs.Also,I do not under go sound sleep.During sleep,I dream most of the time.So,in the morning when I awake then I feel mentally tired.However,I do not find any serious cause for mental stress.

• Since when you are having this complaint? Did you get injured, operated or are you having any other illness other than diabetes? Any clinical reports supporting the same?

• It is since last 3-4 months.I never got injured and operated.I do not have any illness other than diabetes.

• Add Ashvagandha 250 mg twice a day and see if that helps.

• Any specific brand?

• I take Himalaya Herbals, my preferred brand for all herbs and other things that they make.

• OK!I will try it!

• Since you have sleeplessness of unknown origin, you may try Bach flower remedies. They are like homeopathy. For this I want to know your character at the present.

• "Charactor at present" means?

• Your present mental state. Why do you don't get sleep? Any thoughts that disturb you when lying down? Any worries, goals, setbacks, mental shock,etc

• I do not find any specific serious reason.In fact,I feel sleepy only after 1 to 1.5 hours of going on the bed.And do not under go a sound sleep due to dreams.

• You can try Bach flower remedies white chestnut, agrimony, cherry plum & mustard. You can get as pills or liquid dose in any homeopathy medicals

• OK!

• I think there is no relation between diabetes and sleeplessness.. I am 23 yr old diabetic and i sleep well until its hypo or hyper.. :P

• You can't conclude that there is no relation between diabetes & sleeplessness because you don't have it. It depends upon each individual susceptibility of certain organs or parts in the body

• Thanks for your reply!

What is secrete behind your sound sleep?

You may also like...