We all know that medicines are prescribed by our doctors by brand name & not by the generics (Ingredients). Hence, we end up paying more money for the same medicine. Follow these few steps to know more & start saving on your medical bills.
1. Log on to medguideindia.com
2. Click on 'Drugs'
3. Click on 'Brand'
4. Type the brand name which you are using (e. g. Glyciphage SR 500mg). The site will also help you with drop down menu) & Click on 'Search'
5. Click on 'Generics'. It will display the ingredients of the tablet.
6. Click on 'matched brands'
7. Don't be surprised to see that same drug is available at very low cost also. And that too by other reputed manufacturer.****
*e. g. Glyciphage SR 500mg is for Rs. 22.00 for a strip of 10 tablets & the same drug by Cipla (Glumet EXT 500 mg) is available ONLY @ Rs. 6.50!