Diabetic medicine

I am a type 2 diabetic patient for last almost 10 years as my both parents were diabetic. I have a very good control due to my regular exercise/yoga, proper diet and a holistic approach to life. I am 63 years of age with no medical complications.

These days some doctors sometimes prescribe medicines which are costly and not necessarily the right medicine just for the sake of commercial considerations. I, would request your members/actual patients/ people with knowledge and practical experience to suggest the right medicine to control and regulate my sugar level. My sugar level fluctuates around the upper limit of normal level.

Thanks.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your approach to diabetes management is commendable.The reason for this success must your understanding of diabetes and its complications.But please keep monitoring at home.

• Anti-diabetic medication:--

Sulfonylureas

First generation:analogs:--

* Tolbutamide

* Chlorpropamide

Second generation analogs:--

* Gilbenclamide

* Glipizide

* Gliclazide

* Glimepiride

Biguanides:--

* Phenformin

* Metformin

Saccharides:--

* Acarbose

* Guargum

Thiazolidinediones:--

* Ciglitazone

* Troglitazone

* Pioglitazone (Pioglitazone and its combinations are now banned by Govt of India).

* Rosiglitazone

Meglitinides:--

* Repaglinide

* Nateglinide

As of 2010, metformin is one of only two oral antidiabetics in the World Health Organization Model List of Essential Medicines (the other being glibenclamide)

Doctors select the type of oral hypoglycemic agents based on fasting blood sugar, post-prandial blood sugar, overweight, function of the heart and kidney of the patient etc.

I am not a medical professional. Hence I have no further commends.

Sources:--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-...

• I am confused; you say you have good control, yet your blood glucose levels fluctuate around the upper levels of normal. Good control would be around the mid-range of normal. Keep your carbohydrate intake between 10 and 14 portions per day (1 portion = 10g carbohydrate), ideally 3 meals x 4 carb portions. uk.sitestat.com/diabetes/we...

Eat low GI carbs glycemicindex.com/

Make up the balance of your meals with natural, additive-free, unprocessed protein and fat foods.

• MR. GURUPRASAD,

MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM ARE ASKING YOU ABOUT CREDENTIALS / TESTIMONIALS AND INSTEAD OF REPLYING TO THEIR QUERY YOU ARE ADVERTISING THE SAME SHIT EVERY TIME SAYING ABOUT THE GOOD NEWS FOR DIABETIC PATIENTS.

YOU ARE REPLYING TO A QUESTION WHICH IS NOT AT ALL RELATED TO YOU AND YOUR GOOD NEWS. STOP THIS NONSENSE AND LEAVE THIS FORUM.

• Aloe Vera can cure diabetics

Use aloevera gel along with fields of green

For more details. Please call me on 09966959431

• Get Your Diabetes Medicines @ 17% Discount and Delivered @ your Home

maruntakam.com

You may also like...