Can we replace our usual Staple food ... - Diabetes & Hypert...

Diabetes & Hypertension Help Society

10,942 members1,325 posts

Can we replace our usual Staple food with nuts to be complaint with LCHF?

yvjanard
yvjanard

Would like to know replacing most of our daily food with nuts like soaked almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews and sprouts of moong and peanuts will satisfy LCHF requirement/definition? If not, will it satisfy mostly or not at all? If I take 90% of what I eat only from dry fruits/nuts and sprouts like soaked almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews and sprouts of moong and peanuts, will it be compliant with lchf? Remaining 10% vegetables.

1 Reply

For fats and protein , nuts definitely a good source. But nuts donot have the complete range of 9 essential amino acids which our body needs from dietary sources for carrying out several essential functions during metabolic processes e.g they are poor source of methionine while they have good amount of Arginine and other amino acids.

Only animal soruces such as Fish, meat egg and Dairy have protein which has all essential amino acids in equal proportions needed by the body and therefore they are of high biological value.

If you are a vegan , to get all aminoacids, it is a challenge. you need to take a varieties of plant food such as Seeds, nuts , vegetables, and pulses in moderation ensuring that you don't exceed your daliy carbo limits .

You can add EVOO and Coconut as a part of LCHF diet.

Best of luck