Week 5 Run 2 done - yay! (but does this get any easier?!)

Completed W5R2 - just! Found it hard going and really hoping that one day I may be able to enjoy rather than endure this running lark - please reassure me someone?! Must just keep reminding myself I've come a long way - a month ago I could barely run for 60 secs and I'm now halfway thro the prog - can't believe it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • While I can't claim it's easy in my experience it gets easier, the goals just move up a notch. Well done in getting to this point & all my best for the rest of the programme.

• Yes it does! Like notbad says, the goals move, so when I doing runs where I'm stretching myself (running hills or going for speed) it's still hard and I call these 'training sessions'. But for one run a week I go as slow as I like - increasing the distance each week - and these runs are enjoyable.

• Thanks both for the encouragement - really helpful. I'll keep working at it and I'm sure I'll have a smile on my face soon!

• Week 5 run 3 is a bit of a challenge, then it gets slightly easier again. Make sure you have enough rest between runs and wer good running shoes. they can make a difference.

You may also like...