Finished week 2

I used to enjoy finishing a week and downloading the new podcast. I'd avoid looking into future weeks so that it would be a surprise when it arrived. That worked at first, but having to restart means that I have already had the first three podcasts sitting on my phone for weeks and I have run them all.

Having finished week 2, I can now look forward to finishing week 3 for the first time ever and then getting to download week 4. It's only a small thing, but I like knowing I've got past the last Friday without a new surprise.

The run actually went really well. I really let go and went for it at the end, I was feeling so good. Monday hurt, Wednesday was easier and Friday felt great. This is not how it went last time. I hope to keep up that pattern; one day of pushing myself followed by two easy runs sounds like fun.

Checking with RunKeeper, it seems that I am already doing 4K on my current route (even if I'm doing about 2/3 of that distance as a brisk walk rather than a jog) and that actually makes me feel quite positive about the whole thing; I'm 80% of the way to 5K already.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldest โ€ข newest
  • well done for getting back out there. I'm about to start my own week 2...for the 1st time and hope I manage to keep going, although the coming weeks look somewhat daunting!

You may also like...