how to slow down? : Hi! So this is my second... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,378 members136,125 posts

how to slow down?

Kiracookie
Kiracookie

Hi!

So this is my second time around, last time I got up to week 6 before my first 5k race, I didn’t manage to run it all but completed In 43.38 which o was really pleased with.

Iv signed up for 5 5k races this coming year as well as 2 obstacles runs and Tough Mudder, which feels a bit mad now!

Iv been doing most of my runs on the treadmill as I find I can control my speed much easier and get through my runs with less trauma.

Is there any advice I can get on how to control my speed road running? I find I’m naturally a lot faster then an it tires me out but going slower feels almost like I’m not movin.

Thanks!

4 Replies
oldestnewest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Music may help... if you work out your cadence and then match music to that... jog.fm is a good site for this... then it’s all about practice really as you may not be allowed music in the events and probably won’t want it at tough mudder!

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

The easiest way is to run with someone who has a naturally slower pace than you.

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Run up lots and lots of hills... and if you still find you are moving too fast.. run up them backwards:) Seriously..hill work... and take the advice from IannodaTruffe :)

Thank you, I’ll give all those tips a go.

You may also like...