Couch to 5K
57,410 members89,933 posts

Today's runs!

Don't worry, I don't mean I did more than one run today. Just wanted to say:

hello to the newbies and congrats on starting, there seem to be a few W1R1's around, congrats to the week 5ers, and the recent grads too! And, well, everyone else :D

I managed to finish week 8, slightly damp evening and a few buggy-passing incidents aside (one woman gave me a long look and I kept wondering if I hadn't left her enough room or if I'd sweated on her child or something), it was ok. I finished on a downhill which made it seem like I could keep running for ever so the last 30 seconds felt a bit cheat-worthy but I definitely had an uphill bit earlier which should have counted for something!

Bring on week 9 ... eek!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done mate, you don't have to worry about week 9, you have got this.

4 likes

I'm getting a bit sad at the idea of the end of the programme, I neeeeed structure! Gonna have to start really timetabling runs soon. Congrats to you :D

3 likes

Still giggling after your last post.. had you reverted to using female deodorant this time?

1 like

bahahaha! Erm ... I don't think I put any on at all today! Perhaps that explains it...

I was already feeling self conscious as I went past my neighbour on the way out, who runs marathons on the regular, and there's me in my "running ninja" special outfit...these leggings were better than my last though, I have to retire those ... Am really needing some "proper activewear" now!

2 likes

also I should say I do usually put deodorant on if I'm planning on being near other people!

Well done, only 3 more to go!! Sweated on her child, love it! Running is running, downhill is perfectly valid and not a cheat. I don't even do hills (yet.... all in good time!!). Sounds like you are doing a blinding job you've come so far. We can crack these dodgy peeps now we have an arsenal of ideas up our sleeves :) :) :)

3 likes

Bring it on... slow and steady you will be ready for it:)

1 like

The big week 9! You've come so far, this makes you incredible, and when you're incredible out there running, who cares about other people!

2 likes

Whoopee way to go!! 🎉🎉🎉

1 like

To end on a down you must have gone up, therefore you deserve the downhill treat at the end. Well done on finishing week 8!

2 likes

Not far now! You are close! 👍🏼

1 like

You may also like...