Couch to 5K
60,316 members92,971 posts

Finally convinced him to start!

At last....I finally got my husband to start last night! I have been nagging him for ages as he has been going on for ages about being unfit and overweight. He has come up with every excuse imaginable not to exercise - he does have a knee issue so I sent him off to the GP who checked it out and following an X-ray said that exercise would be the best thing for him and running would really help (thank you GP 😀)

So, week 1 run 1 commenced and I trotted alongside him to support him......what a trip down memory lane......I could see him going through everything I did - mind you I never said 'I hate you Laura' 😱

Hoping he will really stick to it so I will have s new running buddy in 9 weeks!

Will keep you updated...... 😀

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Good Luck to him. I hope he keeps at it.

1 like

Thanks - I am good at nagging so I'm sure he will!! 😂

Well done! And good for him! As you know he'll reap the benefits of his efforts, now nag him about strengthening his legs and knee's with Xtraining,😁 think there's still a pinned post on here for leg exercises..😊

1 like

Thanks davelinks 😀 Already planning on getting him on his bike as well! 👍🏼

1 like

Ha, my hubby is a lapsed c25ker to, he actually graduated before he let is slide though... he is 'talking' about starting again too but I don't think he will go the 'Laura' route again (after all he knows what to do😉... (thinks he knows best))

1 like

Hahaha....yes, they THINK they know best! 😂😂😂😂

1 like

My wife did c25k last year, but after graduation started having a spate of health issues, I hasten to add not related to running though, she is really sad that she hasn't been able to keep up the running, hopefully in time she'll be back..

2 likes

Oh sorry to hear that Dave, please pass on my best wishes to Slinky😯x

Wish him all the best I'm going through the man pain with him

All the best

You may also like...