W4

Hi everyone 😊

This is my first visit to the forum.

I struggled with W3 but by the end of it was really chuffed with myself for running 3 mins.

Haven't been out for a week. Couldn't face the heat.

W4 R1 this morning, 5 min runs 😳 In total 16mins running, with shorter breathing space in between. managed both 3 mins runs but not the 5 mins. Rather than 3m,5m, 3m, 5m, I did 3m, 4m 20s, 3m, 2m.

Looking forward to Saturdays run as I know it will be easier (I hope) I'll just keep repeating W4 until I get there.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hello and Welcome πŸ’

Well done for getting out there. Today was just a practice run, Saturday you will do even better.

• Thank you, I do feel good after every run just for getting out there

• Well done for this, maybe go a bit slower at the start of runs so you've got something left for the end??

• Yes, this is something I've been thinking about. It's so easy to start off to fast when you are keen to clock up the miles.

This morning was 9.04m/km

• I didn't get out Saturday.....life with small boys got in the way πŸ™„. So tonight was my week 4 run 2, wasn't sure how I'd feel having not been out since Thursday morning.

Well I did it, completed runs 3m,5m,3m & 5m 😁 Thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest the last run but I kept going.

Do you think it was down to the time I ran, evening after tea on the pavement. Normally I go out after the morning school run, having had a protein shake and a banana (I'm not good at breakfast) running on the beach?

You may also like...