Wk5 run 2 , man ! my shins hurt !!

That was blummin hard BUT I thought I had to do 3 runs of 8 minutes , but it was only 2 ... hoorah !

I have the dreaded 20 min run on Wednesday, I started the plan last year , and managed to do that run , so even if it takes a few attempts, I'll do it again ❤️

My shins really hurt today 😩 but I'm thinking possibly because I drank too much bank holiday wine last night 😳

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, I have literally just finished wk5 run 2 and so agree it was hard. It's my left knee that's giving me pain especially for the first 8 mins. I must say I'm excited about run 3 but it does feel like a big step. I'm planning on trying it Wednesday but may give myself an extra days rest depending on how my knee feels. Never thought I would be at this level so soon that's over half way through. Should be feeling proud of ourselves. Good luck on Wednesday.

• Best of luck Stampy ,let me know how you get on . Are you on the Strava group , if so ,I'll cheer you on 😁

• I'm not using Strava I'm using my fit bit to log my stats but I will definitely post my progress on here. It is with out doubt an inspiration to know I'm not on my own on this journey.

• Well, besides all the Newbies.. you have all of us there with you too :)

• I've just done week 5 run 2 today too. Am also not looking forward to the 20mins straight!!

• You are ready for it..just relax and take it gently :)

• Slow and steady..... no such thing as too slow on here...try to land lightly.. and no wine the night before :)

• Hiya! Did week 5 run 3 today... did u? 20 mins straight. Very slow but totally managed it!! Whoop woop. Hope it's going well for u x

• I did ! Yay ! Go me !!!! If you are on the Strava group I'm Rachael m , I'm chuffed to bits x

You may also like...