2nd park run and 6 weeks of c25k

2nd park run and 6 weeks of c25k

So ive been on the c25k but found it quite easy after around week 3 but anyway i stuck it out and did my first parkrun last weekend with success and just under 30 minutes. did my second park run today and finished it in a time of 26:35. c25k has certainly done a lot for me and the advice has been excellent but dont think i will be walking for much more to be honest a part from the obvious warm ups and cooldowns and post run stretches.

from now on i plan on keeping with a routine of doing 3 runs a week, (2 slow pace and park run best pace) what do people think? not gonna graduate so i guess im an early drop out :D

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • *update* feel mega dirty today though. gonna have to treat saturday as cheat day XD XD

• You're not a drop out if you keep running! You're really an early graduate as you've achieved the aim of the programme already. I reckon the powers that be might give you a graduate badge if you run 3 x 5k. You're already very fast, obviously a natural. But not my decision. The last 3 weeks don't have any walking anyway, you could do them and see how far you get distancewise - and still graduate "properly".

• yea i guess i will look at the podcast and see whats what :) , probably just going to do part 3 at a nice snail pace tuesday and thursday then do park run again.

• W6R2 is the last c25k session with any walking breaks included. You might as well stick with it.

I know I sound like a broken record but take it easy. Overuse and doing too much too soon is easily the biggest cause of injury.

Congrats on your Parkrun, that is a super time for a relative newbie.

• thanks. its double rest day after park run day ;)

You may also like...