Couch to 5K
52,616 members84,703 posts

Week 7. Out out

Week 7. Out out

Ok, now I know what running outside feels like compared to a treadmill. Much harder! With my poor eyesight I'm an indoor gal but today we ventured out to a lake and ran round it. Through the trees and alongside streams I had to be really careful so as not to fall over. I have no 3D vision so everything looks flat to me. Anyway run 3 of week 7 done and dusted but the last 5,minutes were much tougher than run 2 on the treadmill. Covered 3.5k so getting there slowly. Splits were 9kph which is quicker than I run on the treadmill so maybe that's why it felt harder? Anyway. Week 8 this week so I'm nearly there.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Sorry to disappoint you but the 9:14 means 9 mins per km (and not 9 km/hour). You're running at about 6.5 k/hour. But a huge well done for getting out there and completing week 7, especially in view of your vision problem. Take care when outside!

I realised I'd typed it wrong when I wrote it because I'd already worked out that it meant 45 minutes for me to do 5k at that speed!

1 like

You are doing just fine.... take care with that vision issue.. and huge well done to you for getting out there... :) x

1 like

Good on you !!!! :)

Great well done ! One of my children is visually impaired and only has 2D vision. I ve just taught her to ride a bike. I ve no idea how she does it with no depth or speed perception but she loves it!

You may also like...