First Park Run

I did my first parkrun on Saturday in Daventry, Northamptonshire. I was really impressed at the turnout (given it was a very cold and frost morning) and the number of volunteers organizing the event. I'm used to running on tarmac, so it was a whole new experience running on multiple surfaces. The run is round a country park and reservoir with some lovely scenery. I really enjoyed this run and will definitely do more parkruns in future. The events are open to people of all ages and abilities. If you're on the C25K programme I highly recommend participating in a parkrun, you'll get lots of support and encouragement. Thanks to all the volunteers!

parkrun.org.uk/

My run on Strava strava.com/activities/77957...

#parkrun #Daventry

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • They are very addictive and a great way to start your day. Nice work.

• So glad you enjoyed your first PR! Sounds a great route. Are you up for joining us for our Christmas PR. Take a look at my earlier post for info ( just click on my name at top of my response). Happy running πŸ˜ƒπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• Well done! Good job! Great news :)

• I ran my first one on Saturday too, although a bit slower than you, and it was a good experience. Glad you enjoyed yours!

You may also like...