Ya know what I noticed?

My legs don't hurt anymore!

When I started the program back in March, (I was 36 pounds heavier) every time I ran, my shins would KILL. My calves would burn. It was just a thing I got used to running through, and after 10 minutes or so I'd be okay....

I just recently realized, that stopped. I don't know when... but it stopped. My calves are a lot thinner now, and my body lighter, so I'll bet that it's a lot less stress on them.

But it made me feel like another accomplishment, and I had to share!

10 Replies

• That's good news. You must be getting more used to the running each week :-)

• I'm trying to lose some weight and also have same issues you're describing. Did you follow any particular diet plan?

• I joined Weight Watchers and tracked points until I learned the basics... once you get a grip on the program you can honestly follow it on your own.. if you are honest with yourself about what you are eating. The program works... and if I can do it, anyone can. Good Luck!

• Yes I also had lots of aches and pains to begin with. They seem to have disappeared. Well done for losing the weight

• I found that my knees actually felt better after I started running. Losing weight and reducing the stress on your joints and bones really makes a big difference.

• Isn't it great when we suddenly notice things by their absence! It is sort of a mystery because at first it is all we can focus on!

Another victory for you. - hurrah! 👍🏼

• Oh my life, I am SO with you there! The calf and shin pain! Everyone said it would go and I used to think (through my tears) "but you don't know what it's like". Obviously I did not know better than our hive mind and like you, the pain sneaked off without me noticing!

• Well done! An inspiration to others on here! This is what happens when you persevere!😊👍

• Brilliant.... losing the weight has a huge impact on our joints, well done for all your successes ... I bet that feels great 😎

• Well done - there are so many unexpected pluses to this.

You may also like...