Weston-S-Mare Half Marathon

Weston-S-Mare Half Marathon

Well its one way to spend a chilly Sunday morning (other options are available!), but the sun broke through towards the end.

Nice run along the sea front with about 500 hundred other people so not a large event. My only negative point was it was 2 loops of a 10k-ish route either side of the pier so I ran past the finish line multiple times.

Got a few minutes off my 10k and HM PB's which was good, but I really need a good few months over the winter to try and speed up a bit... legs OK... cardio not so good.

Happy running peeps... guilt free sofa time for me :-)

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations!!!! Another piece of bling for the trophy cabinet. It looks gloriously sunny on your finish photo! I like small local races! Less faff! I know what you mean about running the same bit twice. It seems to make it twice as hard. That's only happened to me once and that was in a 10k so I can't complain

So, a nice rest up for you then. Curry or chilli seems to go down well after a gruelling run.

Good luck with the cardio! I did mine at home this morning, and my abs and strength. All grist to the running mill!

• well done Andy thats brilliant!!!! it a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way! :) how many have you done now??

• That was my second this morning and yes, its a long way. Time now to try and improve my speed & stamina before I do the Bath HM in March (ooops).

• we've got the Gosport one in 2weeks, went on longest training run today, 20k, SO hard!! i'm knackered!! well done on that and your future endeavours!! not 100% sure i'm cut out for much over 10 miles!! enjoy your rest this pm x

• Well done!! Enjoy the very well deserved rest on the couch! :)

• Congratulations Andy! My super speedy sister ran in this today too! She is not a C25k-er, but is a huge inspiration behind me getting running again. Running past that finish line earlier in the race must have been hard!😮

• Well done, Andy. It's a serious distance, and anyone who runs it deserves respect.

• Well done - enjoy that sofa.

• Congratulations. Well done ☺ I'm whacked after 8.5k this afternoon - I can't even imagine that distance!

• Fantastic Andy ! Well done to you, that is a seriously LONG way !

Youre becoming a bit of a pro at these HM's arent you ? :-)

Another lovely piece of medalry too - Fab ! :-) xxx

• Well done you!!! Hope that sofa is comfy!!! Great photo!! Xx

• Many Congratulations!! That sounds tough running past the finish line...i would be like i am coming to get you. Guilt free sofa time is 100% needed and a nice relaxing week to follow on.

Looks like a fab day to do a HM. it looks like summer rather than the 1st Nov. Bling, PBs and sunshine, it doesn't get better than that.

• Beats my Weston-super-Mare cross country (aka cross dunes) not-runs in school PE several decades ago.... (that's a fake photo - that can't possibly be SEA in the background ;-))

• School runs... how I hated those!!

Yes... its was a miracle, the tide came in for at least a few minutes :-) Weston-Super-Mud never changes much.

• Well done Andy, that's brilliant :)

• Look at that smile! Well done xx

You may also like...