Will I suffer from a break?

I completed R3Wk7 on Monday and since then I have felt so so tired and aching alot - my knees hurt.

I had a Hep B booster vaccination and I have been working alot - so I put it down to that and decided to take a bit more of a break to recover - Do you think I will be OK to go and do R1Wk8 tomorrow?

I still ache, but hope when I get going I will be able to run this off - I've consistently run Mon/Wed/Fri up to this point.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes absolutely! The break will probably have done you good and your body clearly needed a little rest. No harm in that at all. Go rock w8r1!

• Go for it!

You won't have lost anything in terms of physical ability in such a short time. All the best.

• You'll be ok, it's only 3 days break - You may even be in for a surprisingly good run!

• Hi Melly - I've just completed Wk8R1 after a 6 day break as I was away at the weekend and then I had a talk to write and give which took all my spare time. I was a bit unsure as to whether the break would mean I couldn't complete the run, but it was fine. I probably went a bit slower than normal to compensate, but as most people on here would say, it more about completing the run than the speed or distance. I reckon you will be fine!

You may also like...