Despite Man flu I had to run. I went for a cheeky 5k. Started really well, running smoothly, 1st mile in 11:46, 2nd mile in 9:57, 3rd mile in 8:31 and did 5k in 31 mins odd so where did I go wrong.

The owls were hooting - should have given me a clue. By the end of my run I couldn't see much and the picture includes a bat - there were 3 of them buzzing me. I really couldn't run anymore as I didn't want to injure myself. Daylight savings - doh.

Miss Garmin rebuked me by saying I will take 38 hours to recover but sometime you just have to give into the voices and go run!

Hope I feel less sniffly tomorrow.

10 Replies

• ...well done for getting out there....good time too...hope man flu finds a new victim soon....

• Thanks Juju not quite as fast as you yet ;-)

• i'm very impressed that you went out with manflu! :) can't believe how early its getting dark now :( like the picture! Scary bats tho, might see some of them tomorrow, we are doing a halloween dark run with headtorchs up footpaths past a graveyard with running club tomorrow eve, eek! :)

• Just shows you never really know if you are sick. I can't be that bad. Running through woods is spooky enough for me - graveyards no thank you.

• Wish I could get out and go for a run, chest infection this week, bad back last week. Well done for pushing the limits.

• That was my worry that running too soon could shift it my chest but touch wood I feel good. Hope you're on the mend soon

• Cheeky 5k ! Get you !

• I know. It's getting hard to remember when I couldn't run back in April. They should have large warning signs C25K will change your life !

• That sounds like the best kind of man flu to have!!! Well done you!! I haven't been out for over a week.

• There's a lot of it about get better soon

You may also like...