Couch to 5K
60,023 members92,638 posts

If your finding it hard keep going

If your finding it hard keep going

Having never run I started doing the couch to 5k on the 1st of January this year, doing my walking and running with Laura and thinking OMG week 9 I'll never make it. Yesterday was the Birmingham half marathon, I crossed the line at 3hours and 30 seconds, just 45minutes after my 18 year old son, if I hadn't stopped at Bournville to shake my Dad's hand and say hello to my Mom I would have (probably) just scraped in under 3. So at your darkest point, when you think you can't do it remember me, from borderline obese to 1/2 Marathon in 10 months. Today I feel tired and achy but am already thinking of next year :)

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Fab! Very inspiring :)

Wow, well done both of you!

Nice one Technochoc!! Inspirational stuff.

Brilliant Technochoc. I started in February and quite frankly I'm pretty pleased with managing 10k (and ache a bit after even that)... Running for 3 hours is fairly mind- (and body-) boggling.

Congratulations.

Well done! Hope for us all!

How fantastic. Well done to both of you. I love hearing about people who run with their children. There's nothing better a parent can do than 'show not tell' about a healthy lifestyle. Hope the aches subside soon.

2 likes

Wow... Now that's inspiration... Well done you, and your son... Isn't it just amazing what we can achieve... Before I started C25k in Feb I couldn't even run for the bus without gasping for life!!!!

Well done to both of you! :)

Congratulations to you both. :-) What an inspirational c25k story. Maybe I'll have a look at that half marathon myself next year...

Well done to both of you. Lovely photo of you and your son.

Great photo and well done to you both x

Wow, what a fantastic story. You make me believe that I too can do it! Well done to both of you and no doubt your family are very proud of you. M

Well done you - that's fabulous!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! I seem to have been stuck on week 6 for about 3 weeks, so these stories really help me when I sometimes feel like giving up!

Amazing, well done you, what a fab achievement! I did my first half marathon on Sunday too and am still aching today!! Congratulations x

You may also like...