Bridge to 10k Week 1 - second attempt!

Started the bridge to 10 podcast with Samantha over a week ago and I'm really struggling with getting through the intervals (4 x 10 mins). Maybe it's the heat but it feels very difficult! Before I started this I was ok at going out for 5K but then I had a week of trying the speed podcast (which I gave up on - had to walk the 'slow' bits) and I think this has messed my routine up. I'm repeating week one as I haven't managed the full 10 mins on each of the four runs yet - seems I have forgotten how to run! On the plus side, I managed 7k tonight (with a few walks in between runs) which is the farthest I've even done so I'm really pleased!

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • "I haven't managed the full 10 mins on each of the four runs yet - seems I have forgotten how to run! On the plus side, I managed 7k tonight"

So, you are running 7k in less than 10 minutes????? :O :)

Considering the weather, sounds like you're doing fine - way more than me anyway. :)

• I suspect that's actually 7k in 4 mins running, but that's still nothing to be unhappy about! ;) I haven't yet even downloaded the Samantha podcasts, despite thinking about it on and off since the new year...!

The heat truly is exhausting - it's not just an excuse. If you're getting out there and running at all, you're doing incredibly well.

• Hehe, that made me laugh! 7k in 10 mins would make me Roadrunner I think! Maybe I need to reword my blogs!!

You may also like...