Couch thoughts

Friday 10.5.13 - 10.00am. Completed B210K week 3, run1. Ventured onto some new tracks through the woods, went at snails pace up an awesome hill, (thought 'if I go any slower I will stop, no I'm not going to stop..) Kept going through the cool down. That's 3 lots of 17 minutes, plus an extra 5 minutes running. That's 56 minutes running with just 2 minutes walking. Went into shock. WHO is this person doing this?? Golly, I ache, golly my throat hurts. I hope I'm not going to be ill - what about the running??

7pm - Dragged to the swimming pool as daughter has friend staying and they really wanted to go. Managed 8 lengths, boy am I tired, and boy does my throat hurt.

Saturday - pooped, really pooped

Sunday - in bed, head cold, blocked up nose etc, not on this planet

Monday - 'I should be out running!' 'Golly I feel ill', lots of pill popping

Tuesday - Out of bed, onto the couch. Caught up with reading all those wonderful, inspiring blogs, thanks guys, glad you are all out there, better than medicine! 'Will I be well enough to run tomorrow?' I hope so. I'm missing it, it's now part of my life - how did that happen??

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Get well soon, petal! You sound properly poorly.

I totally identify with the "Who is this person doing this?" bit. It's all very wonderful and strange!

• Thanks greenlegs. Going to try a gentle jog this morning, see how it goes, I'm still a bit bunged up but maybe the heavy breathing will clear it!!

Yes, this running is a wonderful thing, and it's amazing what your body adjusts to and becomes capable of doing. I just wish the weather would improve, more wind and rain is very off putting, I had enough of that during the 9 weeks of c25k!

You may also like...