Starting Portland, Oregon CLL Support Group soon! - CLL Support

CLL Support

16,325 members26,352 posts

Starting Portland, Oregon CLL Support Group soon!

ChrisLovesLife
ChrisLovesLife

After a local recent symposium that included the wonderful Dr. Brian Koffman, I have been recruited along with my co-facilitator Haleh to head to UC Irvine in May for facilitator training.

We will be securing a non-profit space for our meetings soon and will keep everyone posted as to when our first support group will convene.

So excited to meet others in the area that could benefit from face-to-face interaction!

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Good on ya! That's great news to be organizing a local support group.

Thank you, we need one!

I love Portland and know it well. My mom was born & raised in Portland, and my parents met as students at Reed College. Powell's Books is a fave stop of mine on each visit (altho it's been a while). I suspect you will have a lot of interest in (and need for) a CLL support group in Portland.

Yes, I've connected with quite a few that have CLL over the years and share their wishes about having support nearby. It sounds like you have deep roots here! We live closer to Mt. Hood, I prefer to visit Portland and live around nature. Hope you can visit again soon!

Great News!!!

Thank you! Hoping anyone nearby reaches out, we already have a small group. All the best to you.

Hello, great news! I live in Bend and get to Portland at least 4-6x a year. Please keep me posted on your progress with this new group.

Thanks!

Hello! I definitely will keep you updated! Looking forward to seeing you at a meeting!

Our time is spent between Bend and Salem. Pease keep me posted on the progress of forming the new CLL local group.

Hi Rose,

Thank you for reaching out, I will most definitely keep you posted! I'm heading to UC Irvine mid-May for facilitator training and as soon as we secure a place we will be on our way! All the best to you.

You may also like...