ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles

ğŸŽ¼

Yipee yi-o ki-a,

Galloping all the way

Here comes Quick Draw McGraw.

ğŸŽ¼

😀😀

No idea why I’m singing that! Maybe because I’m happy, because tomorrow- nearly a year to the day since pain started in earnest - I’m getting my complex hernia fixed (large incisional and umbilical hernias) - so for now it’s a 👍.

Anyone remember Brett11 - I bet you “oldies” - forum oldies that is - do. He had a hernia and he called it Big Bertha. Thankfully Big Bertha met her demise a few months ago after Bob had waited a long time to be mended - maybe even longer than me? If you look at NHS websites incisional hernias are considered cosmetic - but then if they get very big then that verdict soon changes ğŸ˜•ğŸ‘Ž.

Three months ago in a thread of the same name I warned about being careful of lifting things after your Transplant - or I suppose any stomach op 😕. I’m sure mine started about the 6 month mark but may have been earlier - but certainly got worse and worse after the 6 month “keep out zone” time period. Despite two US scans it was hypothesised as just nerves mending. Hmm got fed up with them saying that every month until a very very nice Consultant got me a CT scan (They’re all very nice but he was very very nice 😀). Say no more 😀 - we all - well a lot of us - know how good CT scans are!

Hence this new thread is just a reminder to be so very very careful. (Yes I know there can be other reasons for hernias to occur but....).

Take care all you transplantees or those about to have Transplants - again I wish I had!!

PS I may be brave and post a before and after photo later ğŸ¤žğŸ¤ž

Miles

112 Replies
oldest • newest

Hi Milo.

Hope all goes well tomorrow and you are back home resting...……..and not lifting!!!! shortly after.

Don't go pinching any hand washes or theatre masks whilst you're in there!

:-) :-) :-)

Freddie.

well if you do see some spare masks not doing anything-there's a ready market here

Hi Brick - didn’t see any masks and certainly no spare ones 😀!

Hey up freddy - thanks but you have seen below it was cancelled 😕. I didn’t see any masks but doctors were shaking hands and I saw a nurse coughing into her hand!

That beggars belief doesn't it when the medical profession are so lax about things ? :-(

There seems to be nil concern re the virus there except for a sign on the main doors and at the lifts.

P13jne
P13jne
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Oh my goodness, that’s ridiculous. I knew I should have read the thread first 🤦‍♀️ anyway still no lifting my lovely xx

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to P13jne

I won’t/can’t 😀. Thanks ppppjane...

Bust a gut. In stitches already.🤣🤣🤣 Bretter behave this time.🤔👍

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Ofeckman

😂

I behaved impeccably lol!! I did ask to see the bed manager after it was cancelled after pratting around for 8 hours but wife told me off and said NO - you’ll only get cross 😀. So I continued to behave and we left without a word of complaint - well that’s not wholly true but .... 😀

I was there 4 hrs waiting on bloods, no competition. Ground hog day mara then or back on the scratch card lottery? 🙄

Seen it scratcher list ofeckğŸ‘Ž

I hope it’s not ground hog day next time for sure!

Marching Orders

Any instructions handed down from on high which clearly delineate where to go and what to do. 🤔

They told the nurses to tell me to do one.

I asked what that meant...

🤣🤣🤣

hope all goes well mate

Thanks Brick but was a disaster being cancelled after eight hours of waiting ğŸ‘Ž...

Hidden
Hidden

Really hope all goes well, I remember Brett11 and big Bertha!

Great advice from you.

Hope to hear you are much better soon.

I will be thinking of you. As will most on here.

Sending huge virtual hugs 🤗

Waiting for photo lol 😂

Jaycee

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Hi J or C or JC or jay or Cee 😀 - thanks for your kind words. All a bit of a disaster all in all - waited for eight hours after going through the obligatory interviews to be told throughout - waiting for a bed...still waiting for a bed..still....oops no beds bye bye 😀

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Oh no!! How gutting, I am so very sorry xx what next?

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Well on the plus side I rang the liver unit just now and they had already discussed me - or was that disgust me (ohh that is the wrong way round isn’t it - it can’t be me being disgusting I behaved myself - honestly 😀) - but will ring tomorrow with a date...we shall see 😕

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Well that sounds like a plan my friend disappointing but a good plan. Stay as happy as you always are xxxx Jay

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Thank you C J 👍

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Good boy xx

Hidden
Hidden

Hi

Good luck for tomorrow and no lifting. Practice what you preach as they say!!! I really do hope everything goes well tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Take care Lynne

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Hi Lynne - thank you! I did lift my bag both there and hey hey or boo boo back home after a very boring eight hour unsuccessful wait for a BED. I nearly offered to go and buy one but I don’t think they would have been amused. It would have amused me though - and think of the stories I could tell the grandchildren 😀.

I'm sure alls going to go perfectly well tomorrow and when you finally wake from your beautiful long dream⛵ you'll wonder what all the worry was about!

Good luck Miles and here's a hug to help with a few hours sleep tonight!

Love Trish 😘

Oh Trish, I’m afraid to say Ih broke your five hour wait for nothing to happen record. In fact I shopped it 😀 - Eight hours. They wouldn’t even allow me to do any training....can’t think why!

Where did “shopped” it come from? What was I even trying to say - I have no idea - whopped it?

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Topped it?

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Ooh you are too clever for me filly 😀👍

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

I’m sorry for your miserable disappointment today. What a waste of everything. It does feel like a service right on the edge. If this is what we must put up with I’d like a notice at check in saying what percentage chance of a cancellation. I could make a judgement for myself then if I was able to wait around or not.

You've definately topped my score for sure! 😊👍

Not an achievement to be proud of though, is it 😕. Still, as I used to get told so many times as a child, worse things happen at sea! But worse - much worse - things happen in normal life too every day!! C’est la vie. 😑😑

Your so right on the everyday comment... lots going on ğŸ‘Žbrother, sister, uncle very poorly and close friends having really tough shi ..y time.....

Life's a never ending battle but we must keeping being there for one and other through thick and thin as the saying goes !

I'm sending you all a Trishy hug especially to those of you having a bad time of it all!

Bbfn

😘

Miles

I'm sure yours wonderful friends here will have there ğŸ¤žğŸ¤žğŸ¤žğŸ¤žwell and truly crossed that your op is a successful one and the following recovery days are comfortable ones with lots of pretty nurses to fluff up your pillows whilst your there.

All the best if you manage to read this before you leave

Trish 🤗

I didn’t tbh .... you will have been able to read my mind by now though and know it was a disaaaster... well it was cancelled as above and below lol!

Good luck for today hope all goes well ğŸ¤žğŸ»ğŸ˜˜

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Kate50

Thank you Kate - but it was cancelled 😕. No doubt will have to wait months for next attempt.....

Kate50
Kate50
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Aw that’s rotten, plays with your mind, all set to go then they cancel, hope your not too down about it and you don’t have a long wait until it’s rescheduled, take care 🌼

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Kate50

Thanks Kate! Not as down as you get after an abortive liver TP trip! Yoiks that’s Hard Rock Cafe down!

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Hi

I'm so sorry it was cancelled, all that waiting around., I hope you are near to the top of the list ğŸ¤žğŸ¤žğŸ¤žğŸ¤žThings don't change. 35 years ago when I was due to have my gall bladder out we had to phone to see if there was a bed, at least I could stay at home until I got one, luckily for me there was a bed available. Love and hugs to you and Lizzie Lynne xxxx

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Thank you Lynne - I was No.1 today. When we got there at 07:00 (actually at 06:30 but they wouldn’t let us in until 07:00!) we were told I would be going to theatre at 08:30....hmm many hours later - nearly 3 o’clock - oops no bed...

All the best for tomorrow Miles ğŸ‘ğŸ‘ğŸ¤žğŸ¤ž, just don't let them use mesh, it moves about. Behave yourself with all those young nurses👩‍⚕️👩‍⚕️😁😁. I look forward to your tales of daring do.

David

Thank you David! Mesh? What mesh 😀. Escaped for a few months. Cancelled as I’ve written elsewhere 😀. Actually I’m very sad not to be meshed....

Miles, I had an inguinal hernia repaired with mesh....the same as used on women. Mine moves, and can give a lot of pain in the groin when it does.

David

Oh crikeyyyyy David. What a nuisance and obviously pain that is ğŸ˜•ğŸ‘Ž.Maybe with mine being across the front of my middle it may be better ğŸ¤žğŸ¤ž. I can’t leave it though because I am not allowed on holiday till it’s fixed so this letter says. But I suppose by the end of next week none of us will be going anywhere....boo hoo ğŸ‘Ž

Oh and so it was a daring don’t 😀.

Good luck and take care in your recovery. Lesley

Thank you Lesley . I’ll hold those best wishes for next time - whenever that may be. I knew calls for TPs can often have to be aborted but not an operation which has been planned for over five months 😕....

Oh I'm sorry they have cancelled your op after all that time waiting. Sending you some more kind thoughts and hoping you don't have to wait too long . Take care.

Lesley

Thx Lesley!

Thinking of you Smiles, wishing you quick healing, and recovery and a totally successful op. You'll be bombing around wearing Liz out very soon.

Big big, but gentle hugs x x x

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Wass71

I’d like to see a pic of him wearing Liz out! It could start a new fashion 😂 xx

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

She won’t fit 😀😏

Wass71
Wass71
in reply to Hidden

Goodness, what a mistakea to makea!! I didn't even notice - I think I'll just go with exhausting Liz, as I can't work out the correct grammar at this time of night!!

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Wass71

Ohh I think you got it right the first time - it was better fun to read 😀😀. But trust filly to pick up on that - it shows a certain mindset - doesn’t it filly 😀.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Wass71

Sorry Wassy! Nothing wrong with your grammar! Just me deliberately doing that ‘Carry On’ thing of taking it the wrong way. 🤣 I’m not one to make excuses for myself but it was the mention of fluffy nurses and pretty pillows (?) that gave me the prompt to say something equally inappropriate 😅😂🤣

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Haha haha - I loved it whatever, and Wassy doesn’t mind - do you Wassy 😀😀👍. Anyway it was Trish’s fault for mentioning the fluffy nurses and pretty pillows! Trish! 😀

Wass71
Wass71
in reply to Hidden

Having had a night's sleep I'm now even more confused. My spelling is pretty awful at the best of times. I do get your wonderful SoH Filli, but I'm regularly confused regarding our crazy English language. X

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Wass71

Hey up Wassie! I think I have taken a leaf out of your book re cancellations, but yours were sort of, if not wholly, to be understood - a scheduled op should surely go ahead and not be cancelled for lack of a bed eh? Boo hoo 😀. Got to keep smiling - FourSmiles?

Thats the spirit 😊😊😊😊

👍

Is the spirit a little weak? Yes - now just waiting for all non-urgent ops to be cancelled - thanks Corona 😀. Oh, or all “at risk” peeps to be told to stay at home! Lol - aren’t I upbeat 😀. Well I am actually trying to be - and as freddy would say - we’re still here! 😀👍

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Maybe better if only emergency surgery takes place in the current climate? It’s a huge loss to a patient, preparing for surgery that doesn’t happen? Now you need convalescence and you didn’t even get fixed! Take care!

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Wass71

Ohh and thanks for the hugs - you don’t have to be gentle now 😀

Wass71
Wass71
in reply to ThreeSmiles

I think it's always wise to be gentle, especially when you still have bits outside your body which should be inside!!

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Wass71

Lol! As long as they don’t go further out (they wouldn’t would they if I was getting a hug 😀) then I’m happy 😀👍.

Hidden
Hidden

Best wishes Miles! I hope everything is to your satisfaction and high standards! 🙂

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Hidden

And please don’t wear Liz out - get a coat like normal people! 😂

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Ooh filly - very clever take on words 👍. I failed though because she was absolutely physically and psychologically knackered after getting up at 0400 and an eight hour fruitless wait in the Hospital. Going to town tomorrow to buy her a new coat - ohh wait, maybe I’ll use Amazon (other retailers are available) instead - don’t want to mix with Corona....

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

I asked Amazon to gift wrap my new phone in case I was out and they threw it over the roof. Hard times call for softer landings. I hope Liz gets her new coat safely!😀

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

That one went right over your head then filly - didn’t it - be honest 😀

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

I can’t say if “it” went over my head because I don’t know what “it” you're talking about! I can say for sure you’ll get an honest answer from me if you can remember what the “it” was😅

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Your new phone 😀

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

I’m not convinced you remembered! Anyway, BT arrived before Amazon. I didn’t even need a new phone!! So now I’m stockpiling phones. I gotta stockpile something apparently. I hope it goes up in value!!

Ofeckman
Ofeckman
in reply to Hidden

ET phone home 🙄

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Ofeckman

🤭🤫🖌📃📩📮😊

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

No. I was home taking a nap when Amazon knocked loud and I shouted Just Wait! Lucky he didn’t throw it at my head!🤕

Trust1
Trust1Administrator

Good luck Miles! keep us posted :)

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Trust1

Thank you Trust1 Rebecca. Unfortunately cancelled - no beds - after eight hours kicking our heels in a very very dour waiting room at QEHB. Not like QEHB at all ğŸ‘Ž. I felt like Mary - no beds at the Inn 😕. But my lovely “named” nurse squeezed me into a consulting room with a trolley so I got a half hour kip 😀👍.

A nurse after my own heart 👍

Trust1
Trust1Administrator
in reply to ThreeSmiles

So sorry to read it got cancelled, that is always so frustrating. Well done to the nurse for getting you somewhere to rest. keep us posted.

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Trust1

Thanks Trusty1 and I will 😀

Good Luck Miles x

Thanks mum - was cancelled due to lack of a bed - just one little bed was all I needed 😀 - actually no a big long bed is what I needed. Perhaps that was the problem no long(er) beds available!

I need a dislike button ! How frustrating 😡😡😡

What's he like. Safe to say like, as unlike doesn't cut it or register.

Good point though. 🤔

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes 👍

Not to beat about the bush - after an eight hour wait the op was cancelled because of lack of a bed! Hard to believe tbh but even the surgeon said he would be twiddling his thumbs if a bed wasn’t found! Somehow it’s hard to believe that’s the way you should be running a Hospital like the QEHB - well actually any Hospital for that matter....😕.

Not a very pleasant eight hours in a rather dour waiting room as well - while I’m in moaning mode 😀.

Words fail !!!

Commiserations Milo :- ( :- ( :-(

Bed nobs & dipsticks. Shame on The Management. 🙄

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Ofeckman

Not great is it? Bringing a vulnerable patient to wait in a hospital for 8 hours to be sent home without treatment?

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Hidden

Yes - please call me Mr Vulnerable! Meet all the criteria 😀

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to ThreeSmiles

You and everyone waiting for surgery.....😕

Venerable, Sir Smiler. 🧐😂

Curses Miles hope all went well 😊

Lol brick - you’re obtaining feckel’s SOH - beware 😀😀

hehe- I aspire to those dizzy heights :-)

Unobtainable 😀.

agreed

😀 I was joking of course - wasn’t I feckle 👍

Hey Miles, sorry I’m too young to understand your yodelling 🥴.

Good luck with the op I’m sure you’ll be very careful after this, leave the lifting to others my lovely 🤗.

Sending big hugs. Jane xx

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to P13jne

Aha - now I see what you mean above or below 😀about reading the thread first! It’s OK it’s hard to keep up with threads sometimes, isn’t it! The hugs went down well though so I’m glad you didn’t cancel those 😀👍.

P13jne
P13jne
in reply to ThreeSmiles

Plenty of hugs, I'm sure you will be fine now as they're magical xx

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to P13jne

Sorted 😀 thank you!

Hi Miles,

Sorry I seem to be a day late! Hope all went well Chucky egg and you are soon back on your tootsies! X

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Owlie

Owlie - you predicted that so well - I am indeed on my tootsies - nothing disturbed their rhythm at all! It was cancelled - well I hope just postponed by a couple of weeks 😀👍

PS just got to the end of the post to see it was cancelled, so technically I’m not late!

Sorry to hear about the cancellation matey boy and hope they rebook you soon, bug hug and sending you a lolly! 🍭

ThreeSmiles
ThreeSmiles
in reply to Owlie

Hehe Thanks Owlie -or is that Matesey girl 😀

Is it a diabetic lolly? Hope not 😀😀

Oh Dear Miles!!!! what a bummer😠😠😠. Wouldn't you think they should see if a bed is available, and tell you if not.......so frustrating for you to say the least.

I hope you get it re-booked very soon.

David

Thanks David 😀. I agree - drink ups in a brewery spring to mind - unless dearest (not 😕) Corona has already struck there and they’re not telling anyone - conspiracies rule KO...

🤣🤣🤣

You may also like...