British Liver Trust
13,302 members6,543 posts

Date for your Diary - A must watch

BBC Documentary about Surgeons concludes next week and is looking at clinical trials. One of which involves a method of utilising more marginal livers in liver transplantation. I think it will be an exceptionally interesting watch for most of us here. Even more so for me as one of the surgeons featured did my transplant, although not part of this trial.

The show airs next Monday 22nd Jan at 9pm GMT on BBC2

It'll also be available on the BBC iPlayer straight after for anyone not in the uk.

Programme Web page bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09pvnhc

BBC iPlayer link showing previous episodes and will include this one after next week's show bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/...

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm watching episode 2 right now. Wow! Makes my transplant procedure seem like a walk in the park in comparison to some of the surgeries on there.

I'm in absolute awe at how far medicine has come!

3 likes

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have informed our communications team,

Best wishes,

BLT Admin

2 likes

Hi I’ve watched the previous 2 episodes and thought I’d got a glimpse of next weeks episode regards liver but wasn’t sure regards what so thankyou for information it’s a must watch

Huw

2 likes

I will he watching this ! I watched the last 2 and it's amazing what medical science has advanced to. I bet it will be sureal for you watching a man that did your transplant also!! Sure we will all put the ratings up !!

3 likes

At least I get to see what happens this time :-)

2 likes

Thank you. It's amazing what can be done now. I will certainly be watching xxxx

1 like

Was Thamara Perera your surgeon then Kristian? I still haven't met mine 😑. Definitely need to say hello on my next appointment.

Yep, Mr Perera was my surgeon. I met him at my second clinic appointment after the op. But did only meet him the once. He was great and went through a few things with me about the operation. It was quite a light hearted conversation given some of the difficulties, but was really informative.

You may also like...