Sean Hughes

Sean Hughes

Definitely one of my favourite comedians and such a tragedy that he has died so young from cirrhosis of the liver.

I hope that something good will come from the sadness of his passing with increased awareness of this disease.

Jim

msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/s...

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Poor man . R.I.P I also hope it brings awareness

• Love to his family at this time of their tragic loss, a great loss to British comedy.

• wasn't he aware of his cirrhosis and continued to drink?

• No, he wasn't and he didn't.

• He died from a heart attack he just happened to have cirrhosis.

• From what I understand he was admitted with complications of his cirrhosis and this resulted in his heart failing.

• Wake up call to many including me as I'm only a few years off his age. I drink 60-70 units a week but keep giving up for 2 or 3 weeks and then back on the beers. Poor Sean's inspired another break. Let's hope this break lasts longer. RIP.

• RIP Sean and sending love to his family at this sad time. Lynne xxxx

• Sounds like me. Been drinking like that for 15 years. Get pains, become worried, then have a week off, then back to the usual routine again. His death and subsequent reading on the subject in depth has made me more conscious and concerned. But I love a drink and don't want to quit. But can see me ending up the same way as Sean if I carry on. Perhaps If I cut it back by half I can still avoid cirrhosis but still enjoy a few. Will be doing that.

• Was he an alcoholic?

• I think we should wait until there is an official statement - anything else is just rumour and supposition.

• Whatever the cause of the cirrhosis, it’s a cruel disease one you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy! So sad ....

• Agreed, RIP xx

• On their Facebook pages The British Liver Trust have posted an amazing article written by Sean Hughes himself.

Jim

irishtimes.com/life-and-sty...

• Thank you for sharing jim,

Best wishes,

BLT

• R.I.P. Sean, I loved your comedy

You may also like...