Bridge to 10K
11,841 members β€’ 15,574 posts

My first half-marathon!!

Trawa
TrawaGraduate10
β€’11 Replies

I run my first half-marathon yesterday!! πŸ₯³πŸ™ˆπŸ€£

(My previous max. distance was 13km)

I didn't plan it especially after 2 awful weeks when I was really tired with sore knee. But felt so good yesterday, inspired by lovely evening and 'Born to Run' and I just kept running. I went very slow and careful on my knees but I did it!! Still can't believe I achieved what was unachievable not so long ago... after 20 sedentary years I started C25K in August last year and fell in love with running πŸ’•

So proud of myself!

11 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Wow!!!!

This is a monumental achievement. Congratulations. Those last 2-3 miles are so tough but you have done it.

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

13 bottles for you. I'm so delighted for you. It really is a magnificent achievement.

Trawa
TrawaGraduate10 in reply to GTFC

Yes, they were tough!! They were moments I took a walking break and my legs were so sore when starting to run... energy levels were ok but my legs were sore... but I did it! For a long time I felt I didn't push myself enough - not anymore!🀣

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate10

Congratulations Trawa, that's amazing you've got every right to be proud of yourself as we all are. That first HM distance is a memory you'll treasure forever πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

If you click the link and leave a message you can claim your half marathon badge

healthunlocked.com/marathon...

runwithdog
runwithdogGraduate10

well done.my longest is 13 and i am hoping to do a HM in a few months time.

please report back how you feel the next day as the day after my long runs i am done for and useless.

Trawa
TrawaGraduate10 in reply to runwithdog

I had awful night as my legs were sore and kept turning in bed. Finally gave in at 4.30am and got Ibuprofen and Paracetamol and slept well afterwards.

Today, I feel great!! Full of energy and smiles. My glutes and toes are a bit sore but running up the stairs without any issues all day.

Was expecting much worse today but now 25h after the run I feel great!

WillowandSola
WillowandSola60minGraduate

Wow that’s impressive such an achievement

MrsRDj
MrsRDjGraduate10

Fantastic achievement- well done!

Gwenllian1
Gwenllian1Graduate10

That’s brilliant, so impressed! What an awesome achievement.

Fionamags
FionamagsGraduate10

Amazing! Congratulations!!! πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺπŸ₯³

Leosmit
LeosmitGraduate10

Wow! 13 miles! Absolutely fantastic. What an achievement! Well done. πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Cantstopmenow
CantstopmenowGraduate10

Congratulations, that's a fantastic distance πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

You may also like...