Bridge to 10K
5,809 members6,522 posts

On my way to 10K

On my way to 10K

Ideal day for my W4 long run, a tad breezy but that was a welcome in my face cool down at times.....resigned myself to the fact that if it’s above freezing, it’s shorts and t shirt, anymore and I’m overheating.....anyone else have this problem, if you can call it that? 🤔

Did a lot of there and back running this morning which I quite enjoyed. Felt reasonably comfortable, breathing was even legs felt good to the extent that once I’d completed the 8K, I found myself further from home than I’d have liked.

Only one thing for it, so off I go doing walk/sprinting intervals for the 1k to the end of the lane 😊🏃🏃

2 more weeks and I’m there.

Happy running folks 🏃🏃‍♀️🏃🏃‍♀️

27 Replies
oldestnewest

That's fantastic and a great time too 🏃👏

Thanks Carolyn, all seems to be going well at the moment 🤞😊

Wow, another brilliant run and stonking good pace as well. Mo Farah needs to watch out at the Great North Run at this rate, well done.

1 like

🤣😂🤣😬 Thanks Chris 😊

1 like

That was a brilliant run Ted...8k✔ Bet you feel pleased...

Go you😎xx

Thanks Jan, yes it did. Could’ve gone on but erring on side of caution after last time 😊

Well done Ted...excellent run. I am still nursing back injury so not been out for a while.

Re. 'overheating': I certainly relate to that. I am my happiest in cold, frosty weather and at my most miserable when the weather is very warm. I rarely wear more than a light top and thin leggings/ shorts to run: any more and I just overheat. Many shops and public buildings are so warm they make me feel ill and sweat like a dog chasing a bone tied to its tail. I am already wondering how I will cope in the Summer: very early mornings will be my running time I think. My biggest problem while swimming is water being too warm: many, if not most, swimming pools are like a bath.

I have always been the same, not sure why...possibly because I've worked outside most of my life? My wife is off out for a run at this very minute: she is rugged up like a Cactus in Siberia...gloves, big woolly hat, insulated top, muff...the works. She is the opposite to me and rarely gets a tinge of pink in her cheeks on a blazing June day while I am sweating like a horse after the Grand National. Isn't it amazing how different we all are?

One thing I know: a 'man for all seasons' I am not.

1 like

I think I’m going to be a early morning runner during the summer.

I’ve entered the Great North Run in Sept...I’m praying it’s a cool day 😊

1 like

Very well done you!!!

Thanks Floss 😊

Great run Ted🏃🏻

Thank you Millsie 😊

Fantastic, you are doing so well!!!! 😎

Thanks Ju-Ju 😊

Great Run! 8k down, 10k firmly in sight.

I am a cold person normally but can't run in lots of clothes. I start off with teeth chattering but am sweating after a mile or so. My internal thermostat is broken.

Thanks L-L and I can relate to that. Early morning summer runs me thinks 😊🏃🏃

Wow Ted, great distance and pace. It took me that time to do only 6k. You are going from strength to strength

Thanks Flick, I don’t know where it’s coming from. I even set my 5K PB en route 😊

You’ll get there, I don’t have your hills here 😊

1 like

i do wonder, with the hills, if I make up the time on the downhill bits. Im well impressed with your progress. You give me hope 😊

1 like

Wow, Ted, that was a great run. You’re going from strength to strength and will soon smash 10k at this rate 👍🏻🏃‍♂️

Thanks Angela, things are going along nicely......at the moment 😀🤞

Great run. You'll be at 10k before you know it. I'm out on tuesday evening for the 9k, I hope it goes as well as your run :)

Thanks Pink, I’m sure you’ll do fine 😊

Nice one, Ted! You inspired me to get to 10k, and we're both almost there :)

Nice work, Ted! You are doing so well.

1 like

Thanks Helene

I too over heat...long sleeve and shorts then stick some joggers on after. 🙃

excellent work on the run 🤗

You may also like...