Bridge to 10K
4,836 members5,444 posts

The wonder of running

Just a short and sweet post this morning.. I'm super proud of completing three runs of 5k this week, a first for me. My success has rocketed since I stopped obsessing about my pace compared to others. I'm an absolute snail and my pace averages 9.45 sometimes 10. 1 was even slower today because of the sleet and ice and it took me just over an hour to complete 5.45k.

However, I feel amazing, I didn't have to stop to walk (but did a longer 10 min warm up walk and a 5 min warm down) and I m just chuffed to be out there, rocking my cheesy 80s tunes and getting fitter.

Happy winter running one and all 😀

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Go Schmoo!

1 like

Brilliant. Im a snail too, or am trying to be. Im faster naturally than my fitness level allows so have been deliberately slowing myself down to around the same pace as you.

1 like

Well done - that’s just brilliant! You deserve to feel amazing 😀

1 like

Thank you 😀 I honestly don't think Id be where I am were it not for the support and advice on this forum 😘

Woaw....way to go. Never forget, a slow 5 k is as far as a fast 5 k.

You did brilliantly, and a terrific week too, you are definitely a runner 🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️😃

3 likes

Well done - as the saying goes - "run your own race". 🙂🏃🏽‍♀️

1 like

Nice one - getting some distance in those legs.

1 like

Brilliant well done you 👏

1 like

Love the fact that you loved your run. That is so more important than fretting over run statistics!

1 like

It is not about pace. It is about building confidence and consolidation. These you have achieved in the work you have done last week. Try a Parkrun the people around you will sweep you up with their kindness and friendliness and before you know it you will be striding for a new PB each week. Keep on running......

1 like

Brilliant!! Excellent post...I always take 10 mins warm up now, it seems to work for me....doesn’t matter about your pace, as long as you’re enjoying it & it sounds like you are, that’s the main thing

1 like

Well done. Great achievement

1 like

You may also like...