A heavy legged hilly one...!๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I was late getting home from work today, but changed straight away and headed off out for a 6k trail run. The sun, low in the sky, was welcome after a day of rain and the grass wet and sodden underfoot as I ran across the local recreation fields and on to our local Parkrun course. The track, a grassy trail, winds its way around the edge of some fields and up over a hill past the local nursing home. The views of the surrounding countryside from up here are beautiful - the journey up there - a bit of a slog! Felt as though I plodded up at a snails pace today - just one of those days where the legs felt heavy! ๐Ÿ˜• Never mind, I carried on steadily, enjoying the luxury of the downhill section on the other side which restored my energy a little! Returning back to the sports field I then headed off up a local bridleway, an old railway line, very muddy today. Took a slight detour off track in order to include a bit of hill work, bunnies scampering away from me in the late afternoon sun. Finally, I returned via a single track farm road to the road that takes me home - a lovely gently downhill stretch to finish, thank goodness! Very welcome. Funny how some days it all feels a bit harder than other days and today was one of them. Never mind, all miles on the clock and feeling better for it now I'm home. I am doing a hilly 10k at the weekend - really hope my legs feel a bit more willing for that!๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‚

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I can relate to what you say, Sandra - I had a slog of a run today as well. Still, it's good to remember that all runs - easy and hard - count towards making us fitter and more resilient. If you were doing hill work as well you did a good workout. Bets of luck for your 10K!

• Thanks Katie, I know the hills pay off but some days...phew! I chose Saturdays run because I want to do more 'undulating' runs๐Ÿ˜ฎ Think I shall just have to focus on the bling at the end!!๐Ÿ™‚

• Hills are just nasty. I hope you get a medal like a dinner plate on Saturday.

• Well done you x

You jolly well did it, despite everything! Late home...wet grass, muddy bits, and hills!!!

Wow!

But.. the practice will have geared you up for the weekend... :) Every cloud???

And.. snail's pace..? I totally love it :)

" By perseverance, the snail reached the ark " :)

• I tell myself that these are the runs that matter most, Oldfloss - when it all feels a bit like hard work but we keep going anyway! x

• x We do.... slow and steady.. we get there :)

• By Sunday you'll be taking the hills in your stride Sandra ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Er? In my dreams maybe! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Must remember, "There's bling at the end, there's bling at the end!" ๐Ÿ™‚

• No better reason......๐Ÿ™‚

You may also like...