Last time I'll mention it, honest!

Last time I'll mention it, honest!

Okay, so I've posted twice about this already in this group (http:// healthunlocked.com/bridgeto10k/posts/135080984/10-miles.-proud.-knackered) plus once in the C25k group. But I wanted to drop by now it's over to thank everyone who encouraged me.

Today I did the Newtonmore 10 miles with a large posse from the running club I joined recently.

I was slow as treacle of course. One hour 49 minutes 2 seconds according to Strava, but as I'd only ever run that distance once before in training it was nonetheless a PB. :)

The Strathspey area is very beautiful and I know it well from holidays so it was lovely to be running through familiar and beloved scenery.

It's not a big event. Our contingent weren't far off half of the total number of runners.

And it was quite a homely event, summed up by the amazing spread of home baking awaiting us in this hall afterwards. No chip timing, just stopwatches at the finish. No finishers' medals either - my only disappointment. No one told me there were blingless events! Gutted.

The first eight miles I was amazed about how comfortable I was. But oh the last two were hard...

It's an "out and back" so I got to see the winner from the front. His time was around 54 minutes or so! A few fellow Perth Road Runners high-fived me as we passed which lifted the spirits.

I forgot my earphones and worried about dealing with only my thoughts for the whole time but it was fine actually. I didn't miss the music.

My little pouch of jelly babies were a welcome addition to my kit too. Don't know if they did ACTUAL good but they certainly cheered me up. :)

Anyway thanks again folks. Kudos to you all.

Last edited by

19 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done, Anne. Lovely photos.

I never question the power of jelly babies.

• Brilliant! Really Well done Anne , that is a fantastic achievement! :-) xxx

• Looks to me like you are a runner???

• 10 miles is amazing Anne! Well done x

• Excuse me, that is a great time for 10 miles, that's about my speed....you'll have Oldfloss after you......going on about 'slow' and all that....๐Ÿ˜‰

Sounds like a great run and a great club, well done you........HM next then....he..he......๐Ÿ˜‰

You always need a stash of jelly babies......magic powers they have....never doubt it.......๐Ÿ˜„

Mx

• Mention away - it's a great achievement and you are, rightly, chuffed to bits.

• 10 miles? At first I read that s 10K and thought that's not a bad time - so.... that's fantastic for 10 miles! |really well done to you and your club! Which one are you?

• 10 miles in that time is pretty brilliant๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‘ You're really taking off at the moment and joining a running club will bring huge improvements. I am in awe๐Ÿ˜ˆ

• So glad you posted this Anne! Sounds like a great race and it must have been fantastic running with so many from your club. That is something I have not been brave enough to join - also unable to decide whether I just like running on my own.

Ten miles is a long old way - and you did it! Such a shame there was no bling at the end but you can bask in the glory of a job well done. Rest up well!โ˜บ

• Well done Anne. Sounds like a great event, and although it ended up being hard, the joy is easy to hear in your words. Congratulations on the PB!

• See, nothing to be nervous about!

That's a great achievement - especially since you were only beginning to train for it a month ago & didn't have a lot of time to prepare.

I'm mighty impressed on all levels! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’

• Congratulations on a great run! I hope you enjoyed some well deserved cake after that. Quite right to be proud of a job well done.

• Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments. :)

Curlygurly2 I'm the white-haired one with the padded vest sixth from the left in the back row! Okay, so the vest wasn't padded...

• Lovely to put a face to a name, very cool hair!

• That's great Anne, well done!

• Slow???? I don't think so.. and anyway..as Madge50 says.... I LOVE slow :)

Getting there in one piece and having had a great time!!! Absolutely brilliant... go you!!!

• Well done! You should be really proud of your achievements ๐Ÿ˜€

• Update. Official time - one hour 51 minutes 57 seconds. Strava was being nice - it autopaused when I stopped for a wee chat at the water stations. :) Still a PB. Still happy. 122nd out of 129, i.e. Not Last. :)

• Wow! 10 mile, that is brilliant - very well done Anne you must feel very proud :)

You may also like...