Simplyhealth Newham 10k Sunday 2nd July

Well nearly taking the plunge for the above event!!!!

I'm using ASICS plan as I currently run 5k three times a week!!! Can I do it?

Anyone else's entered as I'm a West Ham fan and the idea of running into the London Stadium is appealing!!!

I will be 47 on 6th July so it will be a dual celebration hopefully - Gremlins allowing

Cheers

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Oh yes you've gotta do it !

I think a few on here have ran in the Olympic Stadium, yes do it ! :-) xxx

• I have done the bridge from 5k to 10k in January and February and am booked on a 10k in early June, eek! I am doing the Asics plan now for the event and all is going well. How well the event goes will depend on my nerves but I need to get out there and do my first event. You will be at 10k by then, there is plenty of time. Go for it!!

• Good luck!!!

I did a 10k race way back in 2012 and will be running for the Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund as my dad passed away from that terrible disease in 2011 - He and I both ran a lot in my younger days so he is always on my shoulder!!!!

• Sounds like you have the motivation to get out there and do it. That's what you need.

• Yep, you can definately do it! Good luck!πŸ™‚

• You've got plenty of time to get up to 10k. Go for it!

• Yes you can do it entering the tunnel at the back of the stadium is fantastic then eventually on the track is amazing will never forget i have ran twice .

You may also like...