Bridge to 10K

New Years 10 km race

New Years 10 km race

I ran my first 10 km race this morning and completed it in 1 hour, 1 minute and 49 seconds. A new personal record and a wonderful experience to run together with 6175 other people. Such a rush.

I woke up at 6 and couldn't sleep because of the excitement, so I had breakfast and coffee and waited!

When I arrived, I learned that my coach was sick and instantly felt a little lost, but one of the other coaches took me under his wing and never left my side. He ran with me from start to finish - he made sure I didn't run too fast in the beginning and he cheered me on when there was 1 km left and we "sprinted" the last bit. He could have done it much faster but was more interested in making sure my first race was a good one. I owe him one!

When we finished we met up with the rest of the club members and had champagne and "kransekage" (cake Danes eat at special occasions like weddings and new years).

I am feeling fantastic. What a way to finish THE YEAR I LEARNED TO RUN.

Thank you to everybody here - especially Oldfloss for the support you have given me from the very beginning in April and until now. I almost cried when I saw the Pippi-post this morning.

Happy New Year!

58 Replies
oldestnewest

Wooohoooo, well done and a fantastic time too. I bet your hooked on events now 😀. I'm glad you had a great time, you have every reason to feel proud of yourself. Happy running.

1 like

Thank you RFC❤

Congratulations - it is exciting to see people doing well. I can't imagine doing 10K but I will eventually...

1 like

I know what you mean. Felt the same 6 months ago❤

This simply wonderful..you have come so far and I am so thrilled for you.

What a run.. you had a really excellent time too, and, as our Laura would say, even 'finished in style'.

I woke this morning and was thinking about you and imagining how you must be feeling.. I think I even had sympathetic, butterflies in my tummy.

You deserve to be really proud of yourself.I am so proud of you my special RUNNER friend.

Well, as you say, what a year... In April you made your mind up to run and you started.

As our little friend Pippi would say..."I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that"..

...and you were able to!!!!

Well done Iben x:)

2 likes

❤🏃❤🏃❤🏃

1 like

Fantastic Iben, well done, well done, well done, and a big hug. 🤗 You are speedy, that's a fantastic time.

Happy New Year to you too, here's to running adventures of 2017 🎉🍾🏃‍♀️

Mx

2 likes

Thank you Madge and Happy New Year🎆❤

1 like

Fantastic run there... well done!!! I bet you'll be thinking how you can knock 1min 50secs from your time :-) :-)

3 likes

Very much so!

1 like

What an amazing time ! Extraordinarily well done .....

2 likes

Thank you Henpen❤

Fabulous time, and so glad the nerves didn't stop you loving it x

2 likes

I am sooooo happy with that time 🏃❤

Nice one!!! Such a fabulous end to a great year!

2 likes

Thank you Miller🎆🏃❤

Amazing time - and sounds like a wonderful experience (especially the champagne and cake afterwards!). Well done - you are such an inspiration to me - definitely going to try for a 10K in 2017 🍾🌟

3 likes

Yes! Do-do-do! It is so worth the tired legs 🎆🏃

1 like

Iben, I am so so pleased for you , sounds like you had such a great race !

Massive Congratulations to you , what a fantastic way to end the year .

Absolutely brilliant , Well done ! :-) xx

2 likes

Thank you Poppy. It was such a beautiful way to finish one of the best years ever. Not politically, mind you, but running-wise

1 like

Well done - great end to the year.

2 likes

Iben, you are just so amazing! From those first tentative runs where you weren't sure if running is for you - especially in view of your sporty running family - to a fantastic, confident speedy runner! And the time is brilliant. I love it and am so pleased for you. Go Iben!

2 likes

I still feel somewhat alienated... is it really me who's running?

1 like

I am so, so, so happy for you Iben :) Congratulations!

1 like

Thank you mcfitty🏃🎆❤

Well done, Iben. you are a confirmed runner now and another success story for C25k. Happy New Year. Keep running, keep smiling.

2 likes

Running = smiling. Happy New Year❤🎆🏃

well done iben! sounds like you had a brilliant time! What a way to end the year! :)

ps, i thought your result sounded familiar, so checked my 1st 10k race result, and we are almost twins! mine was 1hr 1 min 50! :)

2 likes

I love the idea of being your running twin Ali.👭

1 like

Happy New Year Iben twin! :)

Happy New Year😄

Iben you are terrific!

Well done runner, absolutely brilliant!

You are an inspiration to many on this forum! Be very proud of your achievement, you deserve it!

Happy New Year xxx

1 like

Thank you Jacs🏃🎆❤

well done Iben! that is incredible :) happy new year!

1 like

Thank you Lina ❤🎆🏃

Wow, the first 10k; congratulations!

I'm happy I popped-in just in time to celebrate this fantastic milestone. :)

1 like

Please stay. Miss you 🏃🎆❤ Happy New Year Secan

1 like

And an even happier one to you! :)

2 likes

Ooh... welcome back Secan... hope everything is going okay :)

1 like

Well done, a fab time! So lovely that another coach guided you to success but you did it. Enjoy the runners high!

2 likes

Thanks Doyle❤🎆🏃

1 like

Well done! Great time, achievement & end to the year!

What a kind coach as well😀

1 like

Amazing person. I'll have to remember to tell him how much I appreciate what he did🎇

1 like

Brilliant! Fantastic time and really glad you enjoyed it☺

1 like

Thanks Sandra🎇

1 like

Wow that's so cool Iben! Sounds like you had the best experience possible even despite the nerves and finding out your coach was sick. Excellent time too! Very proud of you :)

1 like

Tillykke, Iben. Flot!

2 likes

Tak, Tomas.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Fabulous job Iben. What an amazing time. Huge congrats to you. No stopping you now xxx

1 like

Weeee! Thank you Noaky. Such a great feeling💪🏻🏃❤️

Aaaah thats fantastic PippiRuns 😊 that sounds like a brilliant 10k race and what a way to finish your first running year in style. GO YOU.xxx😄

1 like

Thanks Jan, it was a really great race. Lots of happy runners.

1 like

So well done X

1 like

Thank you, Mollydex👟

Wow, that's just so brilliant! What a great time for your first race, you must be on top of the world xx

1 like

Totally! I'm still high :-)

1 like

Very very well done Iben, what a wonderful experience, and one you'll never ever forget :)

1 like

I think you are right. It will not be easily forgotten. The coach was about to give me a high five at the finish line when I threw myself at I'm and gave him a big bear hug! He was quite surprised😆

You may also like...