Demanding 7km road/trail run

Demanding 7km road/trail run

Had a good club run yesterday evening, although quite demanding starting on road with a steep long hill, then off road in the grounds of a private school using their cross-country course in woodland, which is about a circuit, again there were some steep descents as well as ascents, and bumps & hollows in the grass, as seen in the pic, so had to watch out! but in the evening sun glinting through the trees( sounding like old floss now๐Ÿ˜Š) it was a pleasant time, until the other members said then to do the circuit again in reverse, I passed on that! As the backs of my legs were starting to nag! so thought wise not to do it..๐Ÿ˜ฐ

14 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That looks a great place to run - lovely. And well done on the 7K!

• Goodness, I'd say 7K n that sort of terrain was more than enough! Well done!

• Some of it was on road...

• Surely it would have been dark by the time the reverse runners got back! Think you made the right call.

• No, wasn't dark, but they turned back to find me because I gave up on it to protect myself..

• Lovely picture Dave, looks great! Well done! (and I don't blame you for passing on that second lap!!)

• Well done Dave, looks very nice that .I don't blame you either for passing up on that reverse lap ! :-) xxx

• That looks gorgeous. I might have passed out on the hills never mind a reverse lap!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• It also played up on my mind, as too much for you have to call it a day!

• Cheeky! :)

It sounds like a beautiful run and what a lovely photograph too. What a super way to spend a balmy evening... (that is balmy with a 'l' not an 'r'. )

Go you xxxx

• Floss Ha Ha๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ha ha Floss ! With Dave , it is most definitely Barmy !

Only joking Dave :-) xxx

• Pops!๐Ÿ˜•

• Looks great. Good call - better to enjoy what you do than push to not enjoying.

You may also like...