Breast Cancer India

how cancer spreads

Does breast cancer spreads only through lymphovascular system.if there is no lymph node involvement and no lymphovascular invasion why chemo and other treatments needed.is there any probability of cancer spreading through membranes or any other chances(paths,ways)

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Cancer spreads by travelling through bloodstream or lymphatic system to other parts of body

1 like

if there is no lymph node involvement and no lymphovascular invasion why chemo and other treatments needed.

It can spread by blood as well. There are other routes also. Lymphovascular invasion not being there does not mean it can’t spread. It can still spread.

If you do not see a train on a track midway between stations, it does not mean that it has not passed there. It could very well have passed and gone to next station.

4 likes

If you still have confusion, this is a very long topic to explain. I do it to each and every patient of mine. It takes me 15 to 20 minutes of non stop talking with 3d graphics. So you can understand it will take pages and pages to write everything.

Contact your Oncologist to understand this.

4 likes

You may also like...