Drink lots of water and try all the slurpy delights - those nice yummy popsicles!! Mmmmm

Hello everyone,

I am a 5 year survivor now. But whenever I read about a recent diagnosis of friends here, I feel butterflies in my stomach. But you know, there is a better life after all this is over with. I know time and again we tell each other to stay positive, but rarely do we get to share how.

Let me tell you a few tricks -

-Drink lots of water - It's such a great cleanser!! And it's super cool :)

-Skip in front of the TV because I'd rather have you moving than sulking on a sofa/couch ... move it you all!!! Don't rule out dancing... that is so much fun!

-Best time to cheer up those bitter taste buds... eat ice bars and popsicles.... try all the flavors!!! Mmmmmmmmmm!!

-If you lose your hair... don't worry they'll grow back.... enjoy the baldy heady!! My daughter would love to touch and kiss it and it tickles a lot!!! Hehehehe!!

- Act silly and blame it on your chemo brain .... ;) ;) "Oops... sorry I bought another bag.. I forgot about the one I bought last week. I guess it's my chemo brain."

- Splash your face with cool water.... REFRESHING!

- Stare back directly at whoever makes you feel uncomfortable! It's fun :) HOW DARE THEY!

Those were some of my silly tricks.

You guys should share your's.

Stay healthy and happy friends.

- Shikha

Last edited by

4 Replies

• Hey Shikha these are very good tricks, and I went for mouvies on the third day my chemo before I was given that Pygex injection which would make me downfor the next few days. Of course I took permission of my chemo doc and he said yes only on the third day not within the next 10 days of course. I love watching mouvies and listening to music . Of course my daughter, brother and lots of friends used to come and chat with me during those 10 days. So friends and family members have a great role to play. But Shikha in US things are more advanced but here we have to follow a few restrictions positively. -:).even I really get butterflies when I read on this forum or from elsewhere someone's got the disease . Anyway Shikha am happy to have joined this forum and want all to stay healthy and well. All the best to all my friends..

• Hey all

One of the patients from the hospital that I am getting treated at starts her chemo tomorrow...I know what you are talking about....went with her to cut her hair short although for myself I had gotten them shaved off before I started the chemo. I like your suggestions Shikha....all during I moved with a bald head n followed by eyebrows n eyelashless....n yes I would stare back....did any of you put on weight during the chemo...I am at unbelievable proportions. ..so shikha will follow the advise n skip....even if my joints are acting funny

Take care all

Hugs Richa

• Hey Richa,

I had put on weight too... but eventually with regular physical activity it went off :)

Eating right and physical activity are important and your doctors will say that too.

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys!!

• Hi rgci13,

Going to the movies is great! The most important thing is to do what you like - whether you have cancer or not - Because you are always the same person inside.

Thanks for sharing :)

You may also like...