Can I get a copy of my ultrasound scan I had a bpas before I went through with my abortion? ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜”

Hi i had an abortion last Saturday. very hard decision but me and my partner both agreed it was for the best, he's been absolutely amazing and so so supportive, before I had the abortion I had an appointment at bpas to see how far I was and to then discuss my options unfortunately I was more far gone that what we expected, when the ladie was doing my scan she turned the screen away (perfectly fine I understand) but now after i had the procedure I've been feeling so bad and I'm now living with guilt and I'm grieving a lot I've been told this is perfectly normal but I also get upset a lot, I've spoken to a women I know and she said that looking at the scan photo may help me even if I do get abit upset at least I can see my baby and know that I did it for the right thing, there's no way I could bring a baby into the world the way I was I would hate myself. Am I able to get a copy of my ultrasound scan and if so where can I get it from x x 

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi there

Iโ€™m so sorry to hear youโ€™re feeling so sad. If you contact the unit you had treatment at they should still have your notes, and they may be able to send you a copy. Or please call our contact centre 03457 30 40 30 to see if the unit can help you.

You could also use that number to access some post-abortion counselling over the phone, which is a service offered to all women whom have had treatment at Bpas. It would give you a chance to talk through all the emotions you are going through.

I hope this helps

Best wishes

Katherine

• Abortion may seem the answer but then you have too live with the outcome.

Maybe having a picture is not right. I think just light a Candle and say a prayer.

Personally l would have had the Child adopted.

I am not judging you as l cannot.

Your Partner too may be okay but it was you that went through the procedure and carried the baby.

Maybe see your GP.

Take Care.

You may also like...