Hi I'm booked in for my consultation next week and have been phoning for a cancellation everyday since to bring it forward. I am nervous but it's the right thing, I'm estimated a 8/9 weeks at the moment so will probably be around 10 weeks for the procedure- is it more likely to be a surgical? I will have whichever procedure can be done first- just really want this be do over with so I can get on with my life and be rid of this constant anxious feeling being pregnant is giving me.

What are anyone's experiences of surgical abortion?

2 Replies

• My knowledge is that at 10 weeks an abortion is a 10 min procedure where you are awake and you are given some anxiety medication as well as some pain medication. The dr will insert a speculum and a suction device. It will be uncomfortable. Surround yourself with support during this time. Of course this would depend on where you live. Goodluck.

• Hi there

Generally surgical appointments do come up quickest, but you can also access a general anaesthetic for the same procedure. If you take a look at our website below that should give you much more information which might help?

Best wishes

You may also like...