Probiotics : Hi All, In a couple months I'll... - Bone Health

Bone Health

3,813 members1,605 posts

Probiotics

NewBloom profile image

Hi All, In a couple months I'll need to try Risedronate again. After two doses I had to stop and have a break. I estimate restarting January. I'm also on Calcuim 500 mg/800 I vit D3. Does an6know if it's ok to take probiotic drinks/yogurt?

Pre Osteopenia/early Osteoporosis diagnosis I was already having a few churns and bowels don't work to great ( also have a blood disorder) and become worse. Medical team are aware.

6 Replies

Hi - I am also interested in whether there is a link between gut and bone health. I found this useful contribution on this site from 3 years ago. Lot of reading, but interesting. healthunlocked.com/boneheal...

Mo51 profile image
Mo51 in reply to Mo51

PS - good luck with re starting the Risondrate x

NewBloom profile image
NewBloom in reply to Mo51

Thank you Mo51 for such an interesting article and good luck with Risedronate. In a reluctant way I'm hoping I can tolerate it. The next option is an intravenous version which I fancy even less.

I eat live yoghurt frequenand keffir occasionally. I also take prebiotic capsules to recover after antibiotics

NewBloom profile image
NewBloom in reply to walk21

Thanks Walk 21, sounds like it's ok for me to try.

This post from a while ago contains more info/discussion on probiotics and bone health.

healthunlocked.com/boneheal...

Good luck with your treatment.

You may also like...