Log in
British Heart Foundation
6,766 members4,229 posts

Travel Insurance

Hello all

I have recently been told I may have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (I'm 47) and my 19 year old daughter has been told she has a atrial flutter but they want to investigate her for HCM too. We need a family travel insurance and I'm not sure what is best to do. Should I apply seperately for myself and my daughter, just do individual policies or go for a family policy through one of BHF recommended insurers? Do any of you have experience with this problem.

1 Reply

Try applying for family but I suspect that because you are both ‘under investigation’ you will be forced to insure individually - and it will be expensive and likely with exclusions. Don’t be surprised if some say a flat ‘no’. Try company that says it insures with known medical conditions.

Good luck!


You may also like...