Heat intolerance anyone?

Hi y'all,

I was wondering if any other Behcet's sufferers ever have heat intolerance.

I am 99.9% sure that I have Behcet's; just racking up the points, lol. But one thing I haven't seen mentioned in BD, that is common in MS patients, is the lack of energy I feel when temperatures rise. I simply melt in the heat! I wonder if that is a separate problem that I have, r if it is also a common problem in BD as well...any thoughts?

9 Replies

• Hi I don't know the answer but I have suffered with BD for thirty years now. Initially we were living in the Middle East (very hot) and it wasn't a problem . Now 20 years later I spend most time in UK but do spend at least 4 months away and still the heat is not a problem In fact it helps with all my aches and pains which is why we go away. I know few sufferes on the site feel the same as me and try to get away to the Warm as much as possible.

• Hi Billi, I am brand new to this site, in the process being diagnosed with BD, however, after reading peoples' comments here I am almost positive it's that and that I have been suffering from it for years! My question to you is...do you think it may have a relation to the fact you lived in the middle east that you have this syndrome as it is more prevelant in those countries? I too lived in the middle east when I was in my early twenties, just a thought.

• It's only been a problem for me since I started the medication, before this I loved the heat x

• I have had heat intolerance for the past 4 years. I have to have a fan on me the entire time (and I mean the entire time). It was like this long before I started any medication. The summer is awful for me.

• My daughter finders that once its over 25o she starts to feel exhausted, when its 38o inside only. Not that it creates a flare just odd swellings, eg lip full and hot.

The worst times seem to be change in seasons.

• I have had BD since I was a child (over 40 years ago) but wasn't diagnosed till I was 37. All my life I have hated hot weather, finding it absolutely exhausting and causing my joints to ache a lot more. Unlike most people I dread the summer but am very happy through the winter which makes me a bit of an oddball amongst friends and family! Whether it's due to BD or not I don't know but at least I live in England so the hot spells are a lot less frequent than the cold although due to my age I have plenty of 'personal hot spells' every day at the moment! It's good to know that I'm not the only person in the country who melts in warm temperatures although I know that's no help to you x

• Hi yes i suffer with this pretty bad I hate the hot weather it makes me tired an achey an I get the worse headaches I hide from the sun lol I find the shadiest part I can if were outdoors x

• When it's hot outside I feel sick pretty quickly, and my skin won't get sun tan at all, summer for me is inside during the day full ac and fan.

• Thank you very much for your posts. I thought I was the only one too...but now I know better ha ha. I live in Texas; get's VERY hot down here. No fun at all.

You may also like...